Instructional Unit 1, Task 5.2: The Soul of Communication

According to the article, IDC (2008), the price of having bad communication skills in the workplace comes at an expensive price. Research done by Project Management Institute’s Pulse research showed that having good effective communication is an important success criterion in project management.

 

Personally, I believe that communication is an important factor as it allows us to facilitate the exchange of information between one another. By having proper communication skills, the information being relayed down from me as a leader would prevent any accidents from happening. Apart from that, it allows me to create a good interpersonal relationship with my subordinates.

 

In addition from having good communication skills, critical thinking also plays a crucial rule. By having critical thinking, it allows me to understand the information given and allow me to grow further. This allows me to further find inconsistencies in the work done by myself and others, allowing us to improve our job performances.

 

By being a leader, I should be able to work effectively with the people around me. Having good communication and critical skills would allow me to motivate and lead the people to success. 

 

 

Comments

Popular Posts